Sunday, January 25, 2009

Buster's Rainbow



Buster's Rainbow


Today after lunch Mark , Theo, Oli and I buried Buster's ashes near to where Bramble is buried. We said a poem and said our goodbyes. I got very upset, Oli went very quiet and Theo was just more concerned about being allowed to use his spade to dig the soil back in again. As we went inside Oli said I'm going to miss Buster and Theo agreed and said we will all miss Buster.

He is at rest now and we have our lovely memories of him. While we were burying him we had a shower of hail and rain and a beautiful full rainbow...it was a very special moment. Whenever I see a rainbow now I will know that Buster and all those that we have lost and loved are watching over us and sending us love and lightness at all times and especially in our dark stormy days!


You can shed tears that he is gone
Or smile that he has lived

You can close your eyes and pray he’ll come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that he has left

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see him
Or you can be full of the love you share

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember him only that he has gone
Or you can cherish his memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what he’d want, smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
This poem was read out at my Grandad's funeral and my nan's and today I read it for Buster, I cried but I now will try and remember Buster and the happiness he gave us, the love he gave us and the mischief he got up to as a puppy.... you will always be with us Buster may you now rest in peace, but always be part of us and our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment