Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hash #10

So we've reached double numbers....Hash 10 and still smiling.
Tuesday 27th March
Location - Ilsington
I was late picking Karen up tonight but luckily for us the hash was only 3 miles away from her house so we arrived with plenty of time to spare. It was very strange indeed to be able to see people's faces in the daylight and not be poking about in the dark sorting the dogs out. It was also light enough to watch Floss throw a stick way away into someone's garden for the dogs to catch!
We listened to the instructions, or rather I should have been listening to the instructions but I was too busy giving a lovely Springer a bit of a cuddle and love, i'm a soft touch when it comes to brown eyes and waggy tails.
We all set off and happily for me we had several checks in procession which meant I was able to warm up slowly and not lag too far behind right from the start. I'm sure if it wasn't for my slowness Karen would be up with the front runners, but bless her she's always turning round and checking i've not keeled over in a corner somewhere.
The hash itself was one of the nicest ones we've done so far, that's just my opinion but one I think that most would agree with. I had a guided tour with Red Kevin at the start of the hash and he informed me that the lane I was running down was part of the Hill Climb. I'm not sure now whether he was just giving me some historical information or preparing me for probably one of the steepest hills we've had. I got to the top puffing and panting and re-joined Karen, Shorty and Four Sips who were ahead. It was a lovely evening and it was nice to be able to have a look at the countryside around us. We arrived at the re-group and decided which long to take with the shorts. Shall we take the 2nd long and the last short or the longer long and the short or the shorter long....well we decided to take the 2nd long which was running round the field. I tried to do it but with the group taking a short cut, I decided that I should try and keep up with them.
I had a brief chat to Sneezy who was telling me why one of his dogs was having a mad yapping session. Then we entered the woods and encountered a deer. It was beginning to get dark so we put our torches on and continued through the woods. Shorty, Karen and I finished the hash chatting and smiling.
Then it was off to The Carpenters for the On Down. I've detailed this in a separate post entitled the naming ceremony!!
Yippee I'm named, i'm now an official hasher...read on to find out what it was.. or is.
till next week, take care, happy running and On On

No comments:

Post a Comment