Date: Tuesday 11th September 2007
Location: Torbryan
Weather: sunny but cool
It was full complement tonight as we headed towards Torbryan. We arrived early, keen to get our food ordered before we set off as we were having our last supper before the half marathon on Sunday! After ordering the food and giggling our way through we went outside to rejoin the rest of the group and find out what was what. Hatrack had left as he had a prior engagement but we had Maverick to let us know there were two long/short splits and no regroup. Off we went, I felt slightly more enthusiastic than i did last week and with my go faster juice courtesy of Almost Lightening and "Bikus" I was in the mood for moving.
We headed off out of Torbryan on the road and soon came onto farm fields and cows a plenty. I was relieved to see queues at the stiles as it gave me time to sort my breathing out and I couldn't walk away when No Rush was having trouble getting Callum to climb a stile, it wasn't all his fault, whoever had built it had put the steps in the wrong way. Maverick returned and eventually Callum relented to being manhandled over the stile and on we went. I do hope he is ok as he did land with a bit of a thump.
I must be honest, with everything going on I forget where we went then, up a road I think and then into some more farm fields, I do remember thinking that it was starting to feel chillier and that autumn was on it's way. Head torch on I continued with Maverick, a little disappointed not to have been given an adventure trail to follow but hungry now I needed to get my food.
Corrr!Tina passed me, then Leaking Boots and I was wondering where Dolittle was when she appeared behind me relieved to have found someone with a torch. We had a chat and I slowed her down with a bit of a walk (sorry) then it was On Home and back to the pub. We went past some lovely scenery and quaint houses and buildings.
After getting changed, and it always makes me wonder what the locals think of it all, people just getting their kit off in the pub car park and then singing strange songs in the pub afterwards. The meal was ok, a little bit burnt round the edges but edible nonetheless. The down downs went to, now who did they go to, Stinkhorn for sending Puffball the wrong way, someone whose name I can't remember a visitor for putting her top on inside out and was it Maverick? Sneezy nearly got one for losing his car key which Head Down found but he was driving so missed out on that one.
It was a lovely hash with just a tinge of anxiety lapping in that it was the last training/running we would be doing before Sunday. So till next week when I may well be hobbling round...take care, and On On xx
No comments:
Post a Comment