Date: Tuesday 26th June 2007
Location: Finlake
Weather: Sunny but had been raining.
We met in the car park, going in separate cars because tonight was family hash night. Dolittle and I had come together as our families are still too small to be running round at that late hour. Corrr!Tina had brought her family. We were told there were two long/short splits and that the last long was for those who wanted a good run at the end and didn't want to go swimming. We were also told that it was full of shiggy and lots of people would be falling over.
Off we set up the hill as if we were going out of the complex, then left up a track only to come out further down the hill near the car park. Cheeky I call it. It was such a good feeling to see lots of youngsters running around with Mums and Dads. I smiled when I kept hearing various new names being called out as over eager children disappeared out of sight of parents and over zealous parents did the same on their children, leaving them in the mud with no support and sometimes losing their shoes as well. I somehow managed to become in charge of On Henri, Maverick's son who had turned 9 that very day. We made a good team as we continued on our way round the trail. It was lovely weather but it was indeed true about the mud and shiggy. I was shouted at by several hashers, Growbag included when I splashed straight through one section splashing them all in the process.....well i'm sorry but you were all being a little bit mamby pamby about the whole thing...trying to keep to the edges where it was drier hehehehe, although running through the woods I dropped my cap which Growbag picked up and I did promise not to splash him again. Six pack went for a dive in the next patch of mud and he looked lovely in the brown mud that stuck to his face and hands and top and shorts and legs.
We were soon heading back towards the complex with a quick stop to look in a den that had been built previously and On Henri nearly taking out another family with his dropping the branch speciality, it didn't hit anyone and noone was hurt and it was quite impressive, one little twig bringing down a multitude of branches....
On On we ran or walked or jogged and back to the complex itself. I stopped to become a kid again when I spied someone rolling down the hill towards the play park, I absolutely love rolling down hills and even with my ample bosomage I still love doing it so I flung off my camelbak and started rolling when I got to the bottom I looked up to see about 7 or 8 other children doing the same with various parents watching and wondering! OOOppss not such a good example I was making but what the heck if you can't get muddy and messy and dizzy once in a while then life would get very boring. So just for the heck of it I rolled down again, this time nearly colliding with a couple of the children. So looking muddy and feeling even dizzier I decided it was time to find Maverick and reunite him with his son.
Then I waited for Dolittle to return from her long run to go and have a shower and then it was pool time....yippeee..... nearly everyone else had gone in by this time as the water was cold but I decided the only way to do it was straight down the slide. Ruff Puff went in with his son and I got brave and followed. It wasn't actually as cold as i'd thought but then I have got some of my seal blubber left to protect me from moments such as those and decided to go down again. Corrr!Tina and Dolittle went inside for drinks and to warm up so I walked up to the top of the slide and came down doing my usual screaming and shouting. Unfortunately for me I carried on trying to shout as I went underwater. I'm sure my heart stopped beating for a millimillisecond and I know I must have swallowed some water but apart from looking like a complete numpty I came up to the surface in one piece, even my glasses managed to stay on my face which was pretty impressive and a good job as I would have needed assistance to relocate them again.
I decided that I had done my fair share of looking foolish and went quietly to the changing rooms to join the others for the Down Downs.
It was a lovely evening and L's and J's faces as we sang Happy Birthday was something i'll never forget, they must have wondered where on earth they had come to.
Down Down's were awarded to Shortie for a birthday, On Henri for his birthday, and I think there was someone else was it Chucky? Then I'm sure Ruff Puff got one for doing something, Vertigo's daughter was named Shiggy Shoes for losing her shoe in the shiggy and I can't remember anymore.
It was a very enjoyable evening, thanks to Rick O'Shea and Chucky 2 for laying the trail and providing the heated swimming pool....bbbbrrrrr.
It should be noted that Corrr!Tina and family have gone down with the lurgy after their chilly swim and hopefully will be out of quarantine in time for next time....hope you feel better soon,
till next time...On On x
No comments:
Post a Comment