Friday, June 08, 2007

Hash #20

Date: Tuesday 5th June
Location: Hound Tor
Weather: Sunny
We arrived at Hound Tor after i'd been picked up by Dolittle. There were lots of hashers already there and more arriving, I think the nice weather is bringing them out. We were called to the circle to be given the news that there were four Long/Short splits and one Regroup with sweeties. On On was up the hill towards Hound Tor itself. Then onwards a bit more then I got confused as to where I was but we went towards the horse jumps which I'd remembered from Doris's Bluebell hash. The shorts did get a bit lost there as the flour was hiding, it was there we just didn't look hard enough for it. Then over the road, I saw the shorts disappearing after the longs and wondered what was going on as I was convinced the Long/Short split was there and the flour was leading me elsewhere. Sweep followed me and we were soon heading onwards. Then the flour disappeared and I asked Sweep what they were following as i'd gone to do a check and got left behind a bit, she said they were following a hare so I followed them.
I did ask for a hint at the next check and was soon disappearing along into private land, can't remember what it was called, sorry! It was very lovely down there though, some ponies and ducks and sheep and then down into the bog. I did get a bit worried when Sixpack was jumping up and down on top of the bog saying look it's not very stable is it......I was directly behind him and convinced that I would soon be being found 150 years later and being called the Bog woman of Dartmoor!
Gladly we continued upwards and upwards towards somewhere high and to the regroup. Dolittle and I offered to help an injured hasher...I can't remember his name either apologies again....but he soon recovered and swept past us on our way back towards Hound Tor. We went down into the valley which was nice and cool and were able to cross the river which cleaned my legs and trainers beautifully.
Then on up back towards Hound Tor, huffing and puffing and admiring the views, I got talking to the virgin I think she was called Angie but knowing my brain she was called Dawn or something else altogether.
We pushed each other on and she said I was like her own little Miss Motivator, bless her. We high fived it into the car park and went to get changed.
We went to the Kestor Inn for the On Down. The Down downs were awarded to, (here we go, braincell in gear, who were they awarded to?) Ruff Puff for erm for erm for something or other, was it something about shoes? I'm not sure. Cinderfella for not helping someone with their gas troubles, Head Down for not paying for her meal last week, although she nominated Sneezy for taking her out in his new (old) car and breaking down in it and then she had to push. Elmo I think had one as well did he? I think i'm just making it up. If you want the real low down and everyone's proper names go to the Ashburton Hash House Harrier website and it will tell you there.
It's Friday and i've had a few hours sleep since going out on this hash. So till next time....thanks for a good, long hash Slackbladder and Ballboy....On On..

No comments:

Post a Comment