Saturday, May 26, 2007

Marathon Training #2

Date: Thursday 24th May 2007

Location: Moretonhamstead to Lustleigh

Weather: Sunny



We decided the next route was going to be Moreton to Lustleigh along a footpath and then the back roads. After a little debate and two car trips we decided it was about 4 to 4 and a half miles long.

We parked my car in Moretonhampstead car park and I went for my toilet break. We set off admiring a car covered in tile mosaics, and then onto the footpath. My legs didn't feel like they belonged to me and I threatened to go back to the car and wait there for the other two but I carried on. Through the footpath to the road, where Syd deposited a nice deposit on the road. Four Sips bravely kicked dirt over it and then kicked it into the hedge, I had offered her a bag but it was a tad too runny for that...(too much information I think i'll carry on!)

So we jogged downhill then the uphill started so we went to a walk with lots of huffing and puffing from myself. We found the next bit of footpath and admiring the views we managed to do a bit of jogging. Over a few stiles and waiting for Syd to be blasted by the electric fence we continued on our merry way. I went to the back of the group which is my usual place to be. As we came out of the footpath and headed for the road we saw a fledgeling on a pile of manure. I commented that it had been told by it's Mum that if it jumped out of the nest too soon it would be in the sh*t and look what had happened. We were undecided as to what type of bird it was, someone said yellowhammer was it? I said it looked like a woodpecker...who knows.

We went out onto the road which i'd been told was 'undulating' not hilly. We then went a steady trot all the way back to Lustleigh, the other two were ahead for most of the way, leaving me with my thoughts and my breathing and trying to keep to a balanced pace. Syd kept popping back every now and then to check I was still part of the group. I was needing a wee again before too long and now it was starting to go downhill but with Four Sips talk of the village nutter I decided to keep my pants firmly round my bottom and clench my bits and wait till I was safe to expose myself. We made it back to Lustleigh an hour and a half later and were given a lift back to the car by Four Sips. We rechecked the mileage, patted ourselves firmly on the back and made a date for the next training. With Tuesday being our laying of the trail day we are just going to try and take it a bit easier now till then.....(with two children, a new puppy and DH at home for the weekend...chance will be a fine thing!)

Till next time...happy running...On On

No comments:

Post a Comment