Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Marathon Training #1

Date: Sunday 20th May 2007
Location: Stover park
Participants: Gurnie, Dolittle, Four Sips, Syd and Tilly
We met at 8pm at the back of Stover and did a nice brisk walk while chatting about knitting and various other things. Then a few stretches and we were off at breakneck speed...or was that gentle jog. Yes that was more like it, through the woods, over the bridges and then onto the pathway towards the lake. I stopped to admire the view! Then slowly caught up with the others. We passed a few people who were strolling round the lake in the slowly decreasing light, the sun's reflection on the lake was breathtaking and Dolittle commented that we could have had our cameras with us..I was happy carrying my pedometer that isn't working because I can't work out what stride length I need to put in.
Round the wooden walkway and on round the lake, Syd looking longingly at the water and the ducks but he behaved and we continued. Down the children's trail and through the woods again until we were heading back to the car, we had a mini pitstop while we dropped Tilly off who was struggling a bit with our pace. Then off we went again to do the circuit..Dolittle's measurement said we'd done just over 2 miles, mine said we'd done 5!! oh well I was close. We ran past a couple walking arm in arm and a quick hello darling from the chap and we were on our way. We arrived back at the cars feeling quite happy with ourselves, well I was feeling a tad under the weather but not too bad with the running. We decided to make a date when we met on Tuesday at the hashing. (mental note to self, email Tina, i'm sure she'd love to go for a run the night before her holidays!)
So good start to the training...till next time...On On
ps yes Four Sips, I was hoping to blog it all time permitting.....see how fast I can type when under pressure.......cleaning , what cleaning? who said my house was dirty? I can't see any dirt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment