Monday, May 28, 2007

From pussycat to princess to policeman!


Yesterday my two sons came upstairs to play before their bath, nothing unusual in that you might say, except for the game that ensued. Theo found a head scarf that was in their drawer that I have in my room, it's a drawer that they can rummage around in, i've found that way I don't get my other drawers messed up and they can have lots of fun discovering what Mummy's got hidden. So Theo puts the headscarf on his head and tells me he is a princess and I have to talk to him and call him Princess Theo, I then find a t-shirt and he puts that on as a dress. Oli then gets togged out the same and i'm running around upstairs conversing with my two sons as Princess Theo and Princess Oli!! Theo then said that he had to do the shopping and off he went to get some bananas and carrots.
Theo then decided he was going to fall asleep for a hundred years until I kissed him back to life, Oli not quite understanding the idea of the game just kept rolling on the floor with his legs in the air. I did do some videoing of this game as I thought I might be able to embarrass said sons later in life when they are bringing their intendeds home to meet the parents...or is that just too cruel!!

Then Theo decides he's going to be a pussycat and tells me that I have to tell him he's a bad cat when he jumps up. (We've not long had a new puppy and she is often told to get down and told not to play with the boys toys, so I think this may be where the idea came for this game) So he jumps up on me and I tell him he's a bad cat, then he starts trying to eat one of his trains so I have to tell him off about that (in playful mode, I hasten to add) Then he lies on his back and says he'd like his tummy tickled. Oli in the meantime is watching with bemused interest and does come and tickle Theo's tummy.

I check the bath to return and find that Theo is now wearing a policeman's helmet, he sees me and starts bending his knees and going up and down in true TV policeman style saying "Night night" "Night night". I say to him "do you mean evening all sweetie?" to which he innocently replies "I can't say evening all, but I can say night night" I suppress a smile or two and say in all seriousness "then night night it is darling"
Oh the joys of motherhood, three instances in one day where I am delighted and amazed by my children and their wonderful imaginations. Isn't it a shame that we have to lose that when we get older, although some people would say I haven't, which i'm very pleased and proud about.

So in purring princess policeman Theo style i'll bid you all a purrrfectly glorious evening and say "Night Night"

No comments:

Post a Comment