Wednesday, April 04, 2007

South Hams 500th Round Robin Run

Date: Sunday 1st April
Location : Totnes to Paignton to Kingswear to Totnes
Transportation: Car, Bus, Legs, Train, Legs, Ferry, Boat, Car

What a fun day was had by all. I woke up and dressed like a clown and was then joined by Dolittle who was also dressed like a clown


and we then drove to Totnes and joined lots of other people dressed like clowns to go traipsing about the countryside dressed like clowns and getting some very strange stares from people.



It was a great day and we had lots of fun. We started at Totnes and went by bus to Paignton, we did a hash over to the restaurant/pub, I can't remember it's name but it was at the back of the cinema there. Call me useless if you like but I had other things on my mind at the time!



Then Dolittle and I walked up to the Steam Railway where we and the other hashers became the holiday makers delight and were snapped several times by various tourists. We got on the steam train to Kingswear. We scared a lady in the toilet who had just gone in to have a quick wee and when she came out of the toilet the room was full of clowns, I will never forget her face and if you are reading this now I do apologise and hope that you have fully recovered from the shock of it all.



We dropped off our bags at The Ship Inn and off we went on the Hash, our second I suppose with South Hams Hash House Harriers. It was very hilly, very very hilly and all I can remember is thinking how many more hills before home?? The steps at the end nearly killed me and I must confess to stopping once on the pretence that I needed to blow my nose but really it was just to try and get some feeling back into my legs..... jelly comes to mind when I think back to it.



I eventually caught Dolittle up who had gone ahead and we jogged back to the pub, well almost. We got our lunch after a bit of a wait and sat with Big Bird to eat it.



Dolittle and I seemed to be the only ones concerned that the ferry was leaving at 4.20 and it was 4.15 and they were just starting the down downs. Dolittle and I were asked to participate but they'd already poured out the beers and as we don't drink we had to decline. SO sorry about that but I will explain, Dolittle was driving and I only have one kidney and am a teetotaller. Next time give us a soft drink and we'll down it for you gladly ;)



Well we missed the ferry we needed but got the next one which was in time to catch the boat. We all boarded and the down downs continued, I lost count of how many there were but the occasion ended with the Grand mistress I think they called her the Grand Mattress but I could have been mistaken was given a chain of post made out of little pink pigs.



We arrived back in Totnes very weary after a lovely day and Dolittle raced me home to get back to my family.



Thankyou South Hams for a wonderful day, i've got some photos, lots of memories and a lovely T-shirt to remind me of the time we had with you...



till next time... On On

No comments:

Post a Comment