This was Tuesday 6th February starting at The Plough in Newton Abbot. We pulled into the car park and I said to karen "is this the place? I can't see any runners" Just as we turned into the car park we were met with several runners and dogs so I felt just a little foolish. We got out of the car, a bitterly cold night with some rain and sleet already happening. We looked at each other giggling. Buster and Teasel started to get excited as we put their collars on then we met up with the other hashers. Shorty came over to run with us which felt good because with her there we wouldn't get lost.
We set off down a hill to the Penn Inn Roundabout and under the subway back up the other side and up through Milber to Milber woods. We kept up quite nicely with a lot of the pack who were doing the shorter route and it all made for a pleasant time. We ran round, I get a little bit disorientated as my glasses steam up after so long so it's like i'm running around in a foggy haze!
I can remember going round a football pitch and taking short cuts as we saw the people in front moving, we put our lights out as the longs were catching up, but I think they saw us and we were a bit concerned about tripping over. I lent a bag to another doggy person and on we went. We went down a few fields and over some styles. Then we found the hill we were told about. It went on and on, up and up....BUT I did very well and kept up a pace of walking and we were soon looking down onto Newton Abbot.
We saw the sign for On Home and there we were jogging into the car park, I was feeling like I could have gone on for longer and felt really good. We changed quickly in the floodlit car park and went inside for the On Down. We sat with Shorty and Big Foot and had a chat about hashing mainly. Ruffpuff came over to say hello and we paid our membership. I'm now a fully paid up member of the Ashburton Hash House Harriers. What a good feeling that is. Karen and I nearly got initiated into it as well but noone could think up a good nickname....thankfully.
Well another successful and fun hash..till next time ..... ON ON
Paid your membership?!! You mad thing you.
ReplyDeleteloveX