Well I managed to recover from my aching bones just in time for Tuesday nights hash and felt, what was it we said, nervously excited. Yes i kept running to the loo every five minutes before leaving and then starting giggling with Karen in the car before we got there. The hash was in Cockington and we arrived in the car park on time. We parked the car up the road as it was free and we were reliably informed that the hash ended up there. We got into our headgear and got the dogs out and strolled towards the start. We signed out on the board and set off.
We again were sent the wrong way but heard the shouts of On back and carried on UP the steepest hill out of Cockington village. I felt fitter this week and didn't get out of breath until i'd gone a little way. We gradually faded to the back of the pack and were running behind Terri or should i say, Four Sips and Shorty. We were the only four doing the short route and we were pretty much the same pace. We got a little bit lost on the heath area but soon found our way back on track. We came to a crossroads of fields so we all headed off in different directions and then finally found the right way, or rather Four Sips did and we followed her back. The route was up and down and down was quite steep but thankfully we didn't fall over or get pulled over, although Teasel and Buster were trying their best to ski us down the slope. We found the regroup and only the two hares. The rest of the hash had got lost and were nowhere to be seen. We enjoyed a fruit gum or two then set off back to home. The last mile was downhill on the road and we jogged all the way back without stopping. I was very proud of myself and felt like I could go further. We arrived back to a nearly deserted car park and went back to the car to get changed. I managed to scare the living daylights out of Karen and myself, I saw a face in the window which turned out to be a doll. Well my eyesight isn't the best especially in the dark. We followed Four Sips to the pub, The Old Smokey or something like that at Marldon. The pub was very quiet when we got there and we thought everyone had gone home but we finally found the rest of the hash in the back bar making slightly more noise. The down downs were given to the hares and someone whose name I didn't recall for having a wee......oh well I expect i'll get one for doing that then before too long, maybe that's what my nickname will be. All that running in the cold and the needs must. We did get mentioned for having actually completed the hash and running longer than the longs.
It was a very enjoyable hash and I felt quite high on the way home, all that exercise, all that fun.
Hash 2 completed, see you next week in Newton Abbot. ON ON x
No comments:
Post a Comment