Monday, April 06, 2020

Crochet time

You may be wondering why on earth I'm turning to crochet but I'll explain as I go.
Yesterday the Queen addressed the Nation - I know some people don't rate the monarchy but I do love the Queen and believe that she has represented her nation admirably throughout the years. For someone who is 93 and still working she did a great job. Thank you your Majesty for speaking to us all.
Then I heard before I went to bed last night that the Prime Minister Boris Johnson had been taken into hospital as a precaution. I got very angry last night and woke up cross this morning. I have had conversations with my Auntie's brother and he has been told that residents are being returned to the home to die and here is the Prime Minister telling us to not phone the NHS to check on email and he's being advised to go to hospital as a precaution!
I did some googling of Gandhi quotes and realised that actually me getting cross wasn't going to help me so I decided to do something with that energy that I had. I turned it into positive energy which I'm directing at my Auntie Brenda, her friends at the care home and all those people who are suffering from dementia and cannot comprehend what is going on at the moment. I'm directing my thoughts ar new babies being born into a strange world where brothers and sisters nor grandparents can visit them in hospital and probably won't be able to have contact with them for a long time to come. My thoughts are with all those families who are doing their best to keep them connected via facetime and other such facilities.
I'm focusing my attention on crocheting some head bands for the nurses to stop them getting sore ears. I've made two bands so far this morning and hope to crochet some more. I feel more positive now so my advice is if you are feeling cross at people turn your crossness into positivity and do some good, send positive thoughts, sing a song, don't be cross. Life is too short!
take care all and keep safe, keep staying at home, for all those keyworkers you are amazing and doing a great job,
till next time...
Keep strong Auntie Brenda - love you specially xx

No comments:

Post a Comment