Monday, January 02, 2012

Monday Blues?



The photo is Oli and Theo a year ago playing on Oli's skateboard that he got for Christmas, collecting and depositing toys round the kitchen!

I've felt awful today....feeling very worried about going back to school. In my head I know it will be fine but with the worry over Theo I feel that a bit of the 'sparkle' has been taken off and the impending arrival of starting back is getting to me.
On a positive note i've managed to 'de-Christmas' the house again, the tree is in it's pot outside and having some nice rainwater to drink. I've put it round the front of the house this year in the hope that it might keep a bit more sheltered and survive, don't think I want another dead tree sitting in the back garden in the vain hope that it might suddenly grow again.

Just back from a walk at stover with the boys and the dogs. The boys were climbing along fallen trees and making up stories. The dogs ran around and chased about as they normally do. The rain stayed away thankfully, as I had my new winter coat on that is lovely and warm due to the duck down inside but not much use against heavy rain...not tried it out in the rain but I was advised not to by the person in the shop.

The walk has made me feel better about life again, more positive, i'm now worrying about getting up tomorrow morning to get the car in for a service at 8.30. After several later mornings and later nights it'll seem strange reverting back to my normal early to bed, early to rise lifestyle...but good.

Right i'm going to sign off as I have tea on the go, macaroni cheese pasta for the boys and pesto pasta for us, not enough homemade cheese sauce to go round for four of us!

Back to the grindstone tomorrow so not sure if I'll get time to post, if I do I do, if I don't then i'm not ignoring you it's just that i'll be busy....
thanks for listening...
Ruth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment