Sunday, January 04, 2009

Answers on a postcard please.....

I spent the morning while I was dressing and washing trying to work out exactly what it was Oli was trying to get me to make him out of paper....he kept asking for a gippon.....so after several attempts at various monkeys thinking it might have been gibbon, and after several hand signals from Oli and sighs I finally discovered he wanted me to make him an origami PIGEON!! Or dove to be exact....I didn't realise he knew that a pigeon was like a dove but there you go...
I made a paper airplane for Theo and then did exactly the same for Oli and when he picked his up he ran round the house shouting YEY I've got a gippon!!
I went to a friend's childrens dedication today at Chudleigh School with the Baptists and was impressed to find that they weren't wanting to throw 'God' down my throat as so many churches do when you visit. The visitors were welcomed and told that if we didn't want to stand and sing or join in then we were perfectly welcome to remain seated and noone would think any differently about us. The atmosphere was one of a big friendly family, with children toddling about and people moving round while it was all going on. I did stand up to sing although with a 6ft something chap in front of me it was quite difficult to see the words. I managed when he turned but was then stopped by the person in front of him so was able to sing half the songs and hum the rest! I gave R a break and held S for a while who took great delight in trying to work out what the hair was that was dangling down my shoulder and even greater delight when it magically disappeared from her hand when she pulled it....simple things!
I shed a few tears while watching a film about a little one trying to walk and after a play in the creche and a nice chat to R we came home. Mum had come with me and she stayed for the 'lesson' bit. It was nice to go and I would like to go back again, but not on a regular basis as i'm still not 100% sure about the 'God' bit. I know there is something out there bigger than all of us but not sure I want to label it just at the moment.

I came home, cleared my car out as we are changing it on Tuesday...what a lot of mess and stuff was in there too.....I filled several carrier bags full and that was just the rubbish...then there was bits of toy that had been missing for months...a sock...a few squashed raisins....several thousand crumbs...and a glass that found it's way into my car after a visit to the pub one hashing night!

Then it was time for the dogs to be walked...(Theo and Oli were being entertained by a poorly Daddy while all this was going on...with big towers of lego in the living room)...I had a chat to B and tried to seperate Buster (who is poorly) from trying to calm an overenthusiastic 5 month labrador...once i'd got him on his lead he calmed down then Jazz joined in. Now Jazz I must explain is quite a big dog...a german pointer but not known for her aggression so she was running up to the labrador with her hackles up and her teeth in snarl mode and when she got close she'd start wimpering and back off.....if it wasn't for the chap who owned the dog getting stressed that his dog was going to get it I wouldn't have stopped her as it was quite amusing. I don't think she could be aggressive if she tried but she obviously thought she should take over from Buster.
This is Buster and Jazz when Jazz first came home...Buster wasn't too impressed to be invaded and Jazz thought it was wonderful....Jazz is now a lot bigger and it's hard to remember her being this small..but she's still cute and Buster is just lovely. (Hugs for Buster as he's not too well at the moment xxxx)
That is nearly my day over apart from tea which turned out to be a bit of a fight with Theo and Oli who really weren't wanting to eat much...Theo said he wanted to marry me and promptly put a hula hoop on his finger to say we were married...I don't think going into the whys and wherefores with a 4 year old is such a good idea so I carried on with the tidying.

The washing is sorted, the boys are bathed and it's time for their stories and bed.
It's been a busy day, my back is aching, but it's been good as well, therapeutic to clean and to visit with friends and meet up with R unexpectedly and have a phonecall from K who has found some shorts for the children for PE!

Hopefully those in the family who are in need of an extra hug or two will get these that I'm sending and hope to post again soon....
On On xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment