Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hash #25

Date: 10th July 2007
Location: Venford Reservoir, Dartmoor
Weather: Sunny with clouds, quite cool
Dolittle drove us to venford Reservoir and we were early arriving. We sat in the car while I tried to wake up and Dolittle tried to warm up. We went into the circle and two virgins were introduced and a couple of visitors I think. Spotlight the hare told us there were two long/short splits and one regroup and that we had to watch our feet.
We all set off and realised that most of us had missed the first long/short split and taken the short, luckily for me anyway. We went over the fells and then up and up through some fern and brackeny type having crossed a little stream. Ruff Puff giving a piggy back to his visitor. Then it was down again and then alongside the river for quite a while on some tricky rocks and slippery path. Then we crossed another stream twice, COld bitz and Sneezy did some river climbing while we took the more conventional method of climbing the hill and used the path.
We arrived at the regroup to find hardly anyone there, we gave Spotlight's dog a pat as it had got a poorly paw and then I set off on my own to find home. It was quite pleasant jogging over the moors with the views to two sides of me. I did manage to stand on some grass which was hanging over nothing and nearly fell but managed to right myself before doing any damage.
I could see Vertigo in the distance ahead and not many more and thought I was towards the back of the pack. I headed back towards the reservoir then it was the last bit of road and home.
Dolittle was already back at the car and after we'd got changed we sat and waited for a while.
I had stupidly forgotten to put in any spare shoes so had to wear my wet trainers into the pub but nobody noticed and I didn't get a down down....PHEW.
The on down was at the Tradesmans in Scorriton and the down downs were given to Ruff Puff's visitor for making it back without getting her trainers dirty, to Big Foot for driving off with his boot open and Porno for swimming in the reservoir.
I paid my deposit for the French trip in October so that was quite exciting, then it was on home for some badly needed sleep.
Thanks to Spotlight for a good hash, thanks to everyone for not noticing my footwear in the pub till next time...On On x

No comments:

Post a Comment