Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hash #14




Date: 24th April 2007
Location: Haytor upper car park
Weather: a little bit misty!!




Haytor on a sunny day......
We drove into the car park on time, in spite of a little detour round Bovey Tracey when we lost the lane to Dolittle's house, it was there but someone had moved the signposts.....
It was a bit foggy so I put my head torch on only to be told by Dolittle that yes indeed I did look like a twonk (made up name for silly eejit) so I put it in my pocket. We gathered round and Four Sips decided to impress everyone with her double flip back somersault which she had been practising with Sid, unfortuately Sid hadn't been practising and tripped her up and thump down she landed OUCH. She was ok and we listened to our instructions.
Ruff Puff wasn't actually there even though he was the hare, but Vertigo stepped in and explained that there was 3 long/short splits and a regroup and that we weren't to follow the On Home mark until much later down the line and On On was that way. He pointed off to his left or right depending on where you were standing and off we set.
I was running with the usual Dolittle, Tina, Four Sips and Shorty who was braving enough to come tonight even after completing the London Marathon a few days ago. Well done Shorty!!
Off we set then turned back to the car park to try and find the trail. We were up at Haytor rocks until we found our first blob of sawdust, or was it flour? Then we were off, until we reached the other side of the quarry when it all got a little bit confusing. Finally we found the route and proceeded to jog over the moors with the light fading ever so slightly and the mist drawing in and becoming thicker. The regroup arrived and noone was there so I fished about in my pocket for a couple of mints, but not many takers, probably a wise move as i'm not sure what i've had in my pocket recently.
Then off we set again, uphill, (groan groan) I could see Dolittle ahead having stripped off her coat, Tina overtook me and was off and I plodded on my merry way to try and keep sight of them in the misty murk.

......and then the mist descended.
We reached the side of Haytor and bumped into Doris who had been running round in circles trying to find the trail. So she joined us to try and find the On Home mark but luckily she led us back home. Four Sips and I were happily heading off towards the wrong car park....but we won't let on about that bit.
The On Down was at The Dolphin Inn in Bovey and we arrived and surprised ourselves by being only the second lot of hashers through the door. Down Downs were given to Ruff Puff for his non appearance as a hare, he read out a text from Vertigo which said Hash went well? If I were you I wouldn't show my face!! Maverick got a down down for not remembering to bring a change of clothes and ending up in the pub in his running gear (we did hear that he was flashing his lights for the rest of the hashers to see where the car park was so he should really have been let off!!)and Four Sips had one for her spectacular dive at the beginning of the hash.
We came home having arranged to meet to do a trial run for our laying of the trail...which is coming very soon....EEEKKKK....
till next time ....On On

No comments:

Post a Comment