Friday, April 06, 2007

Hash #11

Date: Tuesday 3rd April
Location: Ideford, The Royal Oak? was it I can't remember.....sorry

So what delights were in store for us tonight. The hares were Maverick and Floss, the toilets were busy to begin with and someone borrowed my head torch as they hadn't put the lights on yet. Dolittle forgot she was wearing hers so had a wee in the dark! (Sorry but I couldn't resist :) )
We set off through the lanes of Ideford towards Chudleigh, Buster decided that he needed to relieve himself so I stopped to pick it up and looked up to find noone in my view, running as fast as my little legs would carry me, while tying up a poo bag and holding onto Buster I got within sight of the others. I then spent a few minutes trying to work out whether to tie the poobag onto the lead, hold it in my hand or double bag it and swallow hard and put it in my pocket. The pocket option was the choice and I just remembered in time the mint imperials in the left hand pocket, that was a close shave.
Then my focus was back on the hashing. I had got left behind so I did another bit of a fast walk (it was uphill!) to catch the others up. We headed up towards Ideford Common and were able to jog again for a bit. Ollie was at the top with his dog so I slowed up for a chat then realised I was being left behind again. The last leg of the hash I was jogging on my own with Dolittle, Shorty and another lady (sorry forgotten her name) in my sights. Dolittle at one point tried to stand on Teasel but luckily Teasel survived to tell the tale! We got back to the car after another good run and after getting changed we went to the pub.
Don't even ask who had the down downs because I don't think at that point my tired state was taking anything in. I'll give it a go.....Ollie for not turning up on time, Growbag for getting lost and who was the third? Was it someone's birthday? I just can't remember sorry.
Then Doris and Rambo were presented with a couple of engraved wine glasses which they then did a down down with. Doris gulped down her brandy in one mouthful while Rambo was a little longer and then cheekily said "Did I win?"
Bubbles and Soapy paid us a visit on their way past, they are walking John O'Groats and back on the coastline in aid of Guide Dogs for the Blind and RNLI.
Another good hash, and then to bed........ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
till next time
On On :)

No comments:

Post a Comment