Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hash #8

Tuesday 13th March
Location - Haldon
Is it really number 8! Time flies when you are having fun. Well tonight I decided to take DH with me to try it out and a very good friend of mine, Tina. We arrived slightly later than anticipated after a detour to pick Tina and Holly the dog up.
" Any virgins?" Ollie shouted and we said yes. "ok he said all virgins into the centre and introduce yourselves"
I looked and Karen and swallowed hard, we had been convincing Tina and DH that they wouldn't do anything like that to them and indeed it was the first time in 8 times that they had done it, but they coped well and the Hares came forward and told us all about the dangers that were coming up.
We set off and immediately I lost sight of Tina, where is Tina I kept asking, she's ahead I was told, then half a mile down the road she appears behind me, with her leggings wrapped round her ankles! Her torch wouldn't work so she was trying to sort it out. This was a good start. I got left at the back of the pack as it was straight running on the road and no chance for a breather or a catch up, but I plodded on. A car came through and I nearly swung for them when I kindly stepped onto the verge to let them past one of the neanderthals wound down his window and said "You'd get fitter if you ran you fat b****"
I didn't respond until he was well past, just in case and then i shouted "get a life!" took several deep breaths and carried on trying to catch everyone up.
We turned and here was the Long Short split, my first chance for a catch up possibly. Everyone else was in front of me so I plodded on not too concerned about where everyone was. Little did I realise that it was at this point that Tina had decided to do the Long and run on after the longs and we only found this out when we arrived at the regroup.
I caught up with the others then had a chat to Four Sips who had already managed to trip and be dragged along the ground shouting "here goes another dislocated arm!" I'm sure if it was me i'd have been shouting something far worse.
Onwards through Haldon woods we went, I spoke to someone else whose name I can't remember and we discussed the wonderful feeling we get when running swiftly up hills, or something like that anyway, perhaps it was more, these bloomin hills!!
Then I lost sight of Mark and Karen although i'd seen her with Shorty so I knew she would be ok. We arrived at the regroup, although a considerable number of people did a short cut along the road back to the cars. (cheeky!) After the regroup we did some downhill skiing on our bums down some very steep hills. This is where the mad cyclists go apparently, i'm sorry but I was scared enough going down on my bum, the thought of being on top of a bike while going down the same hill didn't really appeal to me!
Then it was the final leg home. Dh went home as he was starving hungry and after a detour to Tina's house for her shoes we went to the Bishop Lacey.
We were very nearly given our hash names but missed out to Codpiece I think who nearly skewered himself on a tree, to a new hash name for Dancing Queen and I think it was the hare, although I can't remember who that was, Starsky perhaps. So a very disappointed Ruth, a much relieved Karen and an excited Tina left the pub to go home to unwind. RuffPuff did say it would be our turn next week so we'll see. Till next week, run safely, watch for trees and On On!

1 comment:

  1. The Hare was almost Lightening (aka Joe, almost Kevin's son!)... Good man!

    ReplyDelete