South Brent Tuesday 20th February.
With two boys at home with colds I was surprised to have made it out but we did and what fun we had. We arrived in South Brent and located the car park with ease. We were told the trail rules and off we set. We headed into habited land then onto a narrow path that led us out into the unknown. It's the first time since i've started hashing that I lost all sense of direction. We crossed rivers several times, over lots of fields where we all nearly got lost at one point. Then Karen and I somehow lost the rest of the shorts and were told by the hares to look out for the little footpath as we might miss it. We just found the little footpath and set off into some woodland and more fields. We caught up with another couple who I timidly asked if they were doing the short trail, as I was convinced at this point that we had been sent on the long trail by accident. We found our way in front and the mark sent us under a bridge into a river. The river at this point was very shallow and Karen and I were game for anything, well we were, until we realised that Teasel and Buster were now swimming and the water was heading up our legs quicker than we would have liked. We turned back and found our companions D and J were following. J being a truly gallant gentleman waded on ahead and found the trail so we took a deep breath, gathered in our coats and waded to the other side of the bridge. The water was freezing but it did a very nice job of cleaning the dogs and our feet for the way home. It was a good bit further before we made it back and went past the pub where the other shorts were, enjoying the warm hospitality. HMMMM had we done a long short version or a short long or what we may never know. But it was great fun, we met two more friends and ended the evening slightly wetter than we started but a good deal happier.
Then after a quick drink it was back home to check that all the children and husbands...(I do only have one husband) were all alright.
Till next time.....ON ON
No comments:
Post a Comment