Buster my dog, has started doing some strange things. He normally lies in the living room and falls asleep on the settee for the best part of the evening, except for when he goes for a wee! This last few days he has started coming in to see us, or come upstairs which he never used to do at all. It got me thinking. Bramble, my other dog, who sadly is no longer with us, had to be put down last year around Easter time. Someone I spoke to a while ago told me that around the time their cat died, one of their other cats will go and lie in the place that the dead cat used to lie in, as though they had returned. Now I believe that Bramble is around anyway, when I go for a walk with Buster and Teasel she comes , I often kick fir cones for her, it was one of her favourite things chasing fircones. I'm just wondering if Buster is somehow picking up on Bramble even more strongly now and being the way he is, he's not sure how to deal with it and trying in his own way to tell us that she is about again. She would always come upstairs and lie on the landing or next to the bed, she loved to be near you.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this I wonder?
Friend of mine had (a pack of) three dogs - one of which had to be 'put to sleep' because of extreme old age, frailty etc etc - at the very same time that the old dog died, the old dog at home howled...
ReplyDeletespooky, ay?